Associazione Culturale TKE is calling for pieces to be performed at the “Risuonanze 2015 – incontri di nuove musiche” Festival, which will take place on May 31st, June 1st and 2nd, 2015, in Friuli Venezia Giulia region – Italy.
The Call is open to composers of any nationality and age.
Pieces should be written for solo piano, or solo flute [C Flute, and/or Piccolo, and/or G flute, one only player], or solo oboe, or solo trombone, or solo toy-piano [Schoenhut Traditional Spinet – 25 keys, range: C2 to C4], or solo voice [mezzo-soprano, range: F3 to F5 (piano dynamics) or Ab5 (forte dynamics)], or voice [mezzo-soprano, range as before] and piano, or two flutist [both doubling piccolo, one of them also doubling G Alto flute], or trio flute-oboe-piano; use of tape and/or electronics is not allowed.
The submitted works should not have been premiered in any public performance in Italy; if selected, these works will be presented as “world premieres” or “Italian premieres”.
Works of any aesthetic and stylistic direction from 1 to 6 minutes in duration may be submitted.
All music performed in the Festival will be radio-broadcast and professionally recorded; composers will be given a copy of the recording of their works.
15 Euros (non-refundable) must be payed via bank transfer or PayPal as a donation for contribution to costs; this amount allows to submit 1 to 5 different works.
Festival “Risuonanze 2015” is based on the direct relationship between composers and audience, so composers attending the performances are much appreciated. In that case, there is no refund for travel and lodging fees.
Associazione Culturale TKE may select one or more pieces in each category; it may also decide not to choose any composition.
- Submission deadline: February 15th, 2015;
- Works written for:
- UNACCOMPANIED: solo piano, or solo flute [C and/or Piccolo and/or G flute], or solo oboe, or solo trombone, or solo toy piano [Schoenhut Traditional Spinet – 25 keys, range: C2 to C4], or solo voice [mezzo-soprano, range: F3 to Fa5 (piano dynamics) or Ab5 (forte dynamics)];
- DUOS: voice [mezzo-soprano, range as before] and piano, or two flutes [both doubling piccolo, one of them also doubling G Alto flute];
- TRIO: flute [C], oboe and piano;
- Regarding vocal works, the text should be in the public domain, otherwise the composer should be authorized for its utilization;
- Works from 1 to 6 minutes in duration;
- All submitted works must be “world premieres” or “Italian premieres” in the Festival;
- Submissions via email only;
- Each submission consists in:
- one to five scores,
- payment proof 15 Euros (bank transfer: IBAN IT58P0634067684510701023136, BIC/SWIFT IBSPIT2U, beneficiary: Associazione Culturale TKE, or Pay Pal: please click the button below – as Description of payment please write “Call for Scores Risuonanze 2015”)
- a short biography (200 words max.);
- The scores must be attached as PDF files;
- The biography (in Italian or English) must be pasted as text in the body of the email, together with first name, last name, date of birth and nationality;
- The payment proof (bank transfer or PayPal) must be attached as PDF file;
- In the body of the email, please specify whether the pieces, if selected, should be presented as “world premiere” or “Italian premiere”;
- Send the submission via email to email@example.com
The results will be announced not later than April 15th, 2015 on the Risuonanze website, and composers of the accepted works will be notified by email.