KAZIMIERZ SEROCKI 14TH INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS’ COMPETITION 2015
Under the honorary patronage of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, Mayor of the City of Warsaw
TOTAL VALUE OF PRIZES: 31.000 PLN
Deadline for entries: August 15th, 2015
- The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities.
- More than one score per composer is permitted.
- It is possible to submit works already performed and/or awarded in other competitions, excluding compositions already published.
- Only compositions for voice (lyric soprano, range C4-C6) and symphony orchestra (with a conductor) will be considered. Max. orchestration: 2222 – 4200 – perc (2 performers) – harp – strings (188.8.131.52.4)
- Duration: from 10 to 16 minutes.
- The First Prize – 18.000 PLN
- The Second Prize – 9.000 PLN
- The Third Prize – 4.000 PLN
PWM Edition’s Special Prize for the Youngest Winner: a set of Polish contemporary music scores.
- Paul Patterson (United Kingdom)
- Grażyna Pstrokońska-Nawratil (Poland)
- Elżbieta Sikora (France/Poland)
The decisions of the Jury are final.
THE PRIZE WINNERS’ CONCERT
- The awarded compositions will be performed on 15th of November 2015 in the Witold Lutoslawski Concert Studio, Polish Radio, at a special concert organised by the ISCM Polish Section and Polish Radio Channel 2. The concert will be broadcasted and offered to all members of the European Broadcasting Union.
- The composer of the awarded work must provide all the performance material at their own expense and send them to the ISCM Polish Section until 20st of October 2015.
- Composers declare thatthey possess all rights to their pieces, their composition is original and all materials (parts and full score) are available to the Competition’s organiser free of charge.
- The score should be submitted anonymously and marked with an alphanumeric emblem.
- Sealed envelope marked with the same emblem containing the following data should be attached:
- a) composer’s full name: first name (s), surname, gender,
- b) date and place of birth,
- c) nationality,
- d) address, telephone, e-mail address or fax,
- e) title and duration of the composition,
- f) brief programme note about composition in English, (or Polish and English)
- g) biography and current photo of the composer.
- The entries should be sent to the following address:
ISCM Polish Section (PTMW)
- Mazowiecka 11/24
00-052 Warsaw, Poland
phone/fax: + 48 22 827-69-81
mobile: +48 535-266-363
The deadline for submission of scores is August 15th, 2015. The postmark is decisive.
- Entry fee for participants is 200 PLN (50 EUR)for each score.
- The amount should be sent in one of the following ways: PAYPAL on theISCM Polish Section’s website: www.ptmw.art.pl (preferred) or bank transfer (bank charges covered by a sender) to the following account:
ISCM Polish Section
PKO Bank Polski S.A., Warsaw Branch
account number (IBAN): PL 77 1020 1013 0000 0302 0127 1394
Code BIC (Swift): BPKOPLPW
- The payment receipt must be enclosed with the submitted score.
- Cheques will not be accepted.
- The entry fee is not refundable.
- Entry in the Competition is synonymous with acceptance of the Regulations.
- Compositions not meeting the requirements stated in the above Regulations will not be admitted to the Competition. In such case the entry fee is not refundable.
- Contentious cases will be resolved based on the Polish version of the Regulations of the Competition.
- The submitted scores will not be returned.
Director of the Competition – Maciej Żółtowski
Secretary of the Competition – Iwona Kisiel
The Competition is realised with financial support of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage
Read more: Serocki 2015 regulations english