The Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music Budapest as the founder of the Bartók World Competition announces the Competition for composers to create piano solo pieces according the following guidelines:
- The works should give pianists the opportunity to show both their musical and technical abilities.
- Length of composition: 5-6 mins.
- The composition cannot include use of fixed audio media.
- The composition cannot include extended techniques.
- The composition cannot be for a prepared piano.
The submitted work must be
- unpublished, unlisted
- without any prize at national or international composition contests,
- without any commercial recording,
- without public performance prior 25 November 2018.
The competition is open to composers of all nationalities born on or after 1 September 1978. One composer may submit several works.
31 August 2018 (included) (CET)
Submission until 31 August 2018 (included) electronically by one e-mail sent to email@example.com
Thomas Adès (GB)- president Unsuk Chin (ROK, D)
Chaya Czernowin (IL, USA) Gyula Fekete (H)
Andrei Korobeinikov (RUS) The Jury’s decision is final.
1st Prize 5.000 EUR
2nd Prize 3.000 EUR
3rd Prize 2.000 EUR